Alliance Discussions is an email list for Alliance members to share resources, referrals, and announcements with the Alliance community. Unlike the web-based Discussion Forums, members can post and reply to list messages entirely through email.
All current Alliance members are automatically set up to post to the list. Members who want to start or stop receiving emails that are posted to the list can complete this form.
If you are not a current Alliance member and would like to start participating in our lively online discussions, consider becoming a member.
How to post to the list
To post to the list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Be sure to send your message from the email address associated with your membership; messages from other email addresses will not be posted.
If you have any questions or need help signing up to get emails or using the Alliance Discussions list, please send a message to email@example.com.
Alliance Discussion Guidelines
Alliance Discussions is maintained as a source of information and civil discourse. Alliance Discussions is not intended to advocate for any particular mission or cause beyond the scope of NWAPS’s mission, which is to make psychoanalytic knowledge available and useful to interested professionals and to the community at-large in the Pacific Northwest. The purpose of the listserv is to strengthen that mission.
Relevant posts include but are not limited to:
- Requests for referrals
- Direct links to valuable information and resources
- Event announcements, classes, opportunities
- Requests for information or feedback
- Job opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities
- Volunteer solicitations
- Posting for non-alliance colleagues
IIrrelevant posts include but are not limited to:
- For-profit business advertising or promotions
- Solicitations for goods and services
- Personal opinions outside of the scope of NWAPSs’ activity and mission
- Political advocacy outside of the scope of NWAPS’s activity and mission
NWAPS reserves the right to remove posts that open up a dialogue that requires a level of mediation and containment that the Alliance Discussion subscribes and volunteer administrators are not equipped to provide.
Confidentiality guidelines for referrals:
- Post as few clinical details as possible when describing a case or patient. Acceptable details include gender, general age, presenting issues, preferred locations and insurance requirements.
- Omit identifying details about the patient such as neighborhood, family structure, where they work or go to school, etc.
- If more information is required to make an appropriate referral, please ask for interested parties to reply backchannel and include your email address in your post.
If you are not certain your post meets the above guidelines, or if you have any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.