Welcome! If you’re on this page, you must be looking for ways to connect with others in the Alliance community. In the Alliance we know that one of the keys to thriving in our profession is working—and playing—with colleagues and friends who do the same kind of work, and who appreciate diverse meanings of psychoanalytic depth.
Members Connect is here to help Alliance members socialize and do creative things together.
Here’s how to get connected:
- Send us a message! We’d love to meet you, have tea, hear your ideas, help introduce you to people and make sure you know about opportunities to volunteer and network.
- Checkout our Members Connect Calendar for Alliance-sponsored creative and social events, such as group hikes, poetry groups, movie nights, coffee for new members, performance salons—all ways to meet others, enjoy conversation, connect with more experienced clinicians as well as those who are new to the community. If you have an idea for a creative or social event you'd like the Alliance to sponsor, contact us.
- Join us for The Potential Space: An Evening of Art and Performance, since 2005, the Alliance’s annual salon for all the artists and art lovers in our community. The Potential Space is where newcomers and long-time members show their paintings, sculptures, photography, collages, dance performances, readings of prose and poetry, mixed media pieces and more. Our artists include highly experienced and accomplished ones, and also beginners and experimenters. One of the largest events in the Alliance year, the Potential Space is also a great way to get to know people in the community. Friends and family are welcome.
- Organize your own meet-up. Is there a book you'd like to read with other depth-oriented therapists? A museum exhibit or film you'd like to share? Would you simply like to meet up with other Alliance members for a walk? Post your ideas to the Meet-ups Discussion Forum.
- Come to the annual Forum Conference. This is one of the best ways to meet collegues and let your professional peers know about your practice and how you approach your work. If you have questions or are interested in proposing a paper or presentation for this conference, contact Michael Allison at email@example.com.
- Give us your feedback about your experience as a member of the Alliance. Let us know how it’s going; we value your insights.
- Volunteer on an Alliance committee. We’re a member-run organization and we thrive on member involvement. This is also a great way to get to know colleagues, and be known in the community.